Monday, January 15, 2007

Felt experiements

Well, I started off with these:

Sample ASample B
And ended up with these:

Sample A: Hand embellished with backstitch in black and lilac perle, purple metallic thread and wine coloured wire spirals couched on with purple beading thread. Am torn between putting this in my sketchbook or putting it on the wall!

Sample B I used for Machine Stitching experiements. I have a very basic Huskystar 207 which I love dearly but its somewhat limited in its stitch range.

The first two are using Zigzag stitch on the left and straight stitch on the right.

On the right is using one of the ZigZag options which has large and small zigs and zags. The piece on the left was my trying out all three to make a spiral pattern.Of all of these I really like the effect of the regular zigzag stitch the most.


Well, its felt making class again tonight so lets see what I come back with this time ;)

No comments: