Thursday, November 09, 2006

UFO's/WISP Challenge for 2007 + 15 mins of stitching...

JK (one of the fabulous list mamas at CQforNewbies) is talking about UFO's and WISP's on her blog The Neverending Journey. Sandie from ABeautifulCraft devised this challenge for the coming year which is to get your Un-Finished Objects finished, and your Works In Slow Progress worked on! ( I love the term W.I.S.P.!I believe Sharon B of inaminuteago came up with it!)

I only have 3 major W.I.S.P.'s and 1 minor U.F.O.

My Modern Gypsy Bag is my first W.I.S.P. - This is a project which I said I would do when I joined the Hand-embroidery Yahoogroup. Using this tutorial here we were to make a little evening bag with a silkie of a gypsy or similar on it...I didn't have access to silkies at that point ( i still don't particularly but a lot of them aren't to my taste!)
It includes this lovely lady - my modern gypsy!
And these selection of goodies. I have them all in a squishie somewhere and I don't know where I've put the damn thing!

My Second W.I.S.P. is my first proper Crazy Quilt(I've done several CQ projects but not a quilt yet) - my W.I.S.P that is getting the most attention at the moment. It's pretty much a design in progress, partly as am not completly sure what I am doing! I'm working in cottons for this and I've got one block in the process of being embellished and 3 in the process of being made.
Yesterdays dedicated stitching time went into the preparing of these blocks!


My third W.I.S.P. is my Cherry Blossom Bag - I don't know if this will ever get finished....It got overtaken by other projects and I've never really got back to it.I may keep the piecing to make into something else.
This is my minor U.F.O. I made this SRE choker to possibly sell on ebay and it needs something adding to it, some greenery or little beads round the flowers maybe? Its should probably be at the top of the to do list....

My major problem is not W.I.S.P's but B.U.R.P.'s - Blasted Un-Realised Projects; those great project ideas I've had and haven't quite got to yet.I have a whole host of these swimming around in my brain but either don't have the time to do them or just feel i should finish some of the others first!

My major B.U.R.P involves Suffolk Puffs - also known as YoYo's. I'm from the county of Suffolk and feel an textile affinity with these little circles of fabric! I've got all sort of things planned for them, i just need to find the time to make some!
I didn't make the ones in the picture - I was sent this picture by a friend so I don't where it came from but this is the sort of thing I would love to make!
Theres a really great tutorial here if anyone is interested.

Right, off to watch Miss Marple (BF got a box set of them!) and do some more stitching!

No comments: