Thursday, November 02, 2006

Busy, busy, busy!

Well, at the moment I've been a busy little bee! unfortunatly most of it has been to do with stocktaking and sorting my flat out. I still hadn't completly unpacked from moving in 4 and a bit months ago! The Organisation challenge of CQForNewbies (a yahoo group) hasn't got as far as my sewing/crafting stash yet! Am trying to get everything else sorted out first!

My Pre Xmas stocktake is pretty much done, apart from adding new stock as it arrives. Hopefully business will pick up over Xmas as I need luxuries like beads and beading thread!

I've had two take ups on my Art Meme; Linda and Leslie. I just need three (3) more and then i can get going. I'm going to be making embroidered ATC's - that is; Artists Trading Cards. If you follow those links you'll see some of the wonderful things that get made. I found out about these about 6 months ago and have been meaning to make some ever since. I sat and cut out some blanks last night, and made some envelopes for them too! This is what they look like undecorated:

ATC's have some basic but good rules:
a) The dimensions of the ATC must be 2.5 x 3.5 inches (64 x 89 mm)

b) The cards must be traded - never bought or sold.

c) The artist of the card should put their name and contact information on the back so other artists can get to know them and their work.

This is the website that really got me interested in ATC's. Called "Art in your pocket" it is very informative. She examines all sorts of types and methods of ATC's and helpful tips. She also has a great gallery of peoples work as well as a good collection of links. Go and check it out, do!


I've got the DBF crafting too! He learnt to knit years ago while in the Boy Scouts and while I was sorting out some wool to send to a friend who needs some he nabbed some and started casting on last night! He's cast on and done half the first row of stitches so far. am so proud!

I made sushi! Some of them went a bit wonky at the ends but its not bad for a first try! Its smoked salmon and cucumber sushi rolls, and am quite pleased with them! Please also admire my lovely black stoneware china that I got a good sized service of at the local charity shop ;)
Being thrifty is so much fun and you get some great things and also have money left!

Over the next day or so I'm going to show off some of my recent finds!

No comments: