Saturday, November 04, 2006

Photos as promised!

Well, here is my organised stash. Not as tidy as some peoples but organised none the less!

Here on the top shelf and second shelf of the stash shelves. The top shelf has pretty things on it as its otherwise too tall for little 5ft2inches of me to reach. The teaset is one i got second hand for £5 (US$7-10) at the charity shop near my flat. There are two wicker pots that are a similar shape to the oriental ginger jars my mum has.
One the second shelf are my small pieces of fabric in plastic containers. these are going to be sorted into colour groups once I can find a good colour wheel to reference from. I had many of them and they seemed to have been taken in sacrifice when I moved by the moving gods. they also took my good fountain pen and a skirt I really really like. :( The tin and jars hold buttons just waiting to be used.

On the third shelf are books, spare little containers and that tape doesn't belong there! The box in the middle is W.I.P. and U.F.O.'s, and theres my art materials that didn't have a home.


On the forth shelf we find the tool box in which are my polymer clay and moulds, along with the tools i use with it. The green box has some yarn it it . The frame has a embroidery project I'm playing with on it and the box under it has my beads. The larger box has various embellishment goodies in it.The fourth shelf holds misc stuff. the big box is fabric - mainly fancies. Theres some boxes with random sewing notions in, the sideways box has planned ROAK's stashed in it and the box at the end has some batting in it.
The fifth shelf is exclusively fabric. The end box has scraps of velvet in it, the next one has reclaimed fabrics (cut-up clothing). The big mottled box has lengths of black and white polycotton, white muslin/cheesecloth and the vast amounts of deep green taffeta i keep meaning to make cushions from.
In front of the bottom shelf (not shown - it just has folded up fabric - black fleece, black velvet, and some heavy linen - on it) is my lovely sewing machine. I think i need to dust it!Its a good basic one and I bought it with staff discount when i worked in a haberdashery that was a Husqvarna Viking dealership. Its not got a huge range of stitches and was the lowest of the price range but its very good at what it does. Its a Huskystar 207 model, and my sister is still sulking that i took it away when I left home.

I hope to get some more of the tidier brown boxes for my stash next time I'm at IKEA but the reused ones its in at the moment will do!

Some of my stash is else where and will tell you about that at a later date.


I've been after some cigar boxes to decorate as gifts. I had made one for a friend and had a request. I just have to work out how to get all the labels off now!Will show pictures as they progress!

Must get ready for the York Embroidery Guild meeting now!

4 comments:

JK said...

Little One, looks like you are gettng that stash under control before it controls you! Great job darlin! Congrats!

Elizabet said...

Thanks JK! Am desperatly trying to get the place organised!

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you, Elizabet! I like the way you sorted the fabric in see-through boxes by color. I'm going to look into that. My dh got be a beautiful box with flowers on it and metal corners and handles and that holds all my cq fancies right now. Good job, Elizabet!
Linda

Elizabet said...

Its keeping it tidy for the moment at least! They came in packs of 10 for £1 and the discount store (they've run out and I need some more :( )