Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Door progress

I was sitting around last night wondering what on earth I was going to do with the central panel of my door piece - I'd done several experiments, none of them successful and then a weird incident occurred which solved it!

I'd sat down on the edge of the bed whilst thinking about it and putting my slippers on and the card I made with fabric paper at the Xmas EG meeting happened to fall off the shelf and landed at my feet!


I then remembered the experiment pieces I'd done when trying to make fabric paper and went and pulled them out.

This is the piece I'm going to use.

And this is it behind the surround. What do you think? Does it look OK?

I'm going to stitch and embellish it and will keep you posted!

3 comments:

Susan said...

I think it looks great! Isn't it amazing how things happen sometimes?

Carol said...

It's a sign!!! A saying a freind of mine and I have for anything really not just real signs! But in your case i definately think so. It is lovely. Cant wait to see what you add. Love carol

Digitalgran said...

It's lovely and seems it wanted you to use it. It's perfect for it too.