Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Door progress

Well, heres the progress on this project.

I've done all the french knots, cut and turned the central panel and stitched it in place and stitched some step details in. (Yes, I am currently sick of french knots but I adore the texture!)

I've thinking about having some ivy curling up one side of it. I took the shot below on good friday.


I'm going to have a door on it as well as the panel in the door way which I need to start on soon!
For the door I was thinking of using a piece of wood (shock announcement! a door made of wood you say?! *gasp* ) but it would have to be quite thin! I'm also thinking about how to fix it in place - for that part at least its back to the drawing board!

In other news, I've ordered a FME foot for my machine and when it arrives I can see if I can sort this darn tension issue out so I can make pretty things in less time!

1 comment:

Maureen said...

Do keep on with your door challenge!I bet you're tired of "French knots"
Have you considered a piece of timber grain Contact,or similar for your door?
Cant wait to see the completed challenge.it's looking GOOD