Monday, May 15, 2006

Themes

Ok. These are the CQ project/theme Ideas I have in my head at the moment (some may be a little ambitious at the moment but doesn't mean I can't plan ahead!):

*Hussif - This is a really cool sort of Victorian sewing kit: Its a length of fabric with pockets on the inside for all your tools and bits and pieces.

*Zodiac - 12 blocks making up the quilt, each featuring a sign of the zodiac.

*Dragonfly - Blue and Green background made up of blocks with a dragonfly embellished over the top of them.

*Butterfly - Small blocks with a butterfly theme, with patches of embroidered butterflys, butterfly beads

*Elements - Earth, Air, FIre and Water.

*Seasons - Spring, Summer, Authum, and Winter.

*Mermaid - Underwater Background with a mermaid embellished over the top of them, or mermaids embellished on each one.
I dream of doing a big double quilt with panels with the Mirabella Mermaids. I've wanted and lusted after those charts for several years now.

*Halloween - Oranges and blacks with pumpkins, ghosts, spider, and spiderwebs, and bat motifs.

*Peacock - Peacock colours and peacock feather pattern embellishments.

I'll add to this list at a later date.

2 comments:

Maddie Can Fly said...

Oh Elizabet, we have almost the same tastes and "themes." I'm collecting for a peacock CQ and have a fantasy one in progress (although very little progress). (This is Lesa, Owner CQForNewbies)

Elizabet said...

ooh hello, been a busy bee so haven't checking this new blog...Great minds think alike. I've been collecting images for inspiration if you want me to send you some sometime?
Am dying to be up and about and on the hunt for fabric!
Anyway, back to stitching!