I've decided to transfer my blog to here, so the first few entries will have the same date.
"For my first post on my lovely new page I am going to be talking about me.*GASP!SHOCK!HORROR!*
This is to be my Arts and Crafts blog, where I can show and develop my ideas and discuss why and how I do them.
In the past week or so I've settled on two new hobbies to get interested in, though to be honest they could be described as extensions of hobbies I already have.
The first is taking up Crazy Patchworking. This is like regular patchworking but uses irregular shapes of fabric. I am planning to focus on the Victorian Style version of these which use decorative embroidery stitches to both join and embellish the Quilt. You can also stitch on bits of ribbon, beads, lace and all sorts of things.Its like multimedia art! Going to start with a mini one and then go onto bigger and better ones. I've got ideas whirring in my head.
The second - and one I'm probably not going to start for a while - is ATC's. Artists Trading Cards. These are small pieces of artwork in any medium, with only one rule, they must be 2.5inx3.5in in size. I love working on tiny things so this is a good thing for me to try, especially at the moment with my movement restricted and everything!
Both of these started off as Victorian Fads that have had a revival in recent years.
I've been spending time looking online for inspiration for both and learning lots of interesting things at the same time. I'll post more about this later! "
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment