I GOT IT! This is the book I really really really wanted and that Mark scoured the internet to find. It’s being reprinted (in the UK at least) and so prices had rocketed. He managed to get one at the proper price although he’d already told me he hadn’t been able to get it! Its all about using a sketchbook for textile arts and is reminding me of all the skills I’ve forgotten since I was at college! I've got some new art materials and should be able to show you some stuff soon!
Seriously, if you want to expand your creative side along the textile art route then its really worth a look. (Mary B, I'll bring my copy along next time I see you, so you can look at it!)
This is the bag Sarah made me! Isn’t it lovely? Its black velvet, lined with purple slub fabric which is some sort of taffeta I think. The strap is made of tablet weaving and is in black, purple and green wool. she hand dyed the purple and green wool! Its just big enough for my purse, phone, glasses cases and the assorted bits and bobs from the bottom of the big bag I carry like lip balm and my Mp3 player etc.
This is Mark on our sofa playing with the Technic lego I got him for Xmas on Boxing day! He’s one happy fellow at the moment.
I had a hair cut just before Xmas. My hair was getting horribly whispy at the ends and I had terrible split ends. Its had at least 6ins cut off it and it looks and feels so much better! Mark’s getting used it and I keep brushing it like its my old hair and end up brushing the air! Don’t it look nice though?
AFTER
Anyway, shall show you some art stuff soon! *goes back to drawing*
4 comments:
Ohhhh, the new "do" looks wonderful. And it will grow faster then you think (g)
i hope so! it still feels weird. I keep going to brush it and trying to brush what was cut off!
Healthy is better! It will grow back stronger and faster than you think possible.
That's a nice length. But I bet you forgot to use less shampoo the first time, didn't you? LOL.
Post a Comment