Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Today I am mostly.....

feeling very english as I sit and sip Earl Grey Tea with Lemon out of one of my pair of fine bone china teacups. This feels completly and utterly decadent and I love it!

My garden is progressing well. My garden is actually the roof terrace type thing you have to walk across to get to the front door. I've got several pots and windowboxes out there and we are trying to train a currently very small clematis to climb across some of the wire mesh railing, partly so we can have a bit of privacy up there, and partly just to make it look nice!I've got deep blue and purple lobelias all over the place, a rosemary and a varigated and plain ivy in a window box outside the kitchen window. M. - my fella - has a harebell, and some big purple daisies. We've also got some sort of wild daisy thats seeded itself, some garlic shooting nicely in a pot and plans for a herb pot and a couple of window boxes/troughs of herbs and vegetables like tomatoes.

Am running my first swap on CQForNewbies. This is kinda daunting but have had a good response so far.Its for an Orientally inspired Tote bag. Am really looking forward to it!Have had several people sign up almost instantly which gave me a bit of a boost!
I'm yoyoing between a personal project and designing/making motifs for the insect swap on CQForNewbies.

Recovery Update. Almost there, I can walk to the shop and back without the stick though getting tired easily, and still have to use a wheelchair at the supermarket. M. can't believe how fast I can wheel myself, or how well I can steer it...I used to occasionally play on the local sports centre as the team needed a team of people to play against.Just glad that the flat is in the community shopping street, so I have some ability to get out and about.

Diet Update. Well, am getting on for half a week on it and feeling the benifits already. I may even have lost a few ounces. Loving the idea of Syns as they make me feel wicked and naughty though managed to have a day where i didn't have any at all yesterday!

Ok, off to make some lunch - got smoked salmon scraps at the supermarket so going to have a smoked salmon salad. Oh dear deities, That and the earl grey....am becoming a old fashioned english lady....at least they aren't cucumber sandwiches!Then I shall do some sewing I think :)

No comments: