Anyway I mentioned in my last post about the felt bowl I made at my evening class. Well, here it is! Its made of merino wool tops, was formed over a ceramic bowl, felted and then saturated with PVA glue. Its stiff but flexible and holds it shape well. I've trimmed the edge so its not whispy any more and have started stitching on it.
This is looking into the bowl - the on show surface if you will, its
This is the base of it. Most of the stitching shows mostly here so may sew a net ruffle or something to the back of it.
So, what do you think?
These are some brooches I made. The first one is going to be for my little sisters 24th birthday next week (she doesn't read this so I am safe for the moment ;) ) Can you guess her favourite colour?
1 comment:
Hello,
I love your bowl! Do you find the PVA plasticky at all? Have you experimented with textile medium? Was wondering which you preferred. I am a felter, but haven't gone down that path yet. Also love your stitching into the felt- great effect.
I'm in the textilechallenges group with you.
See you there!
Hannah
Post a Comment