Friday, January 12, 2007

The reason i haven't started T.A.S.T. yet is.....

I started playing with thread on one of my felt pieces. It started out like this:



So far I have done 3 black perle double spirals, some lilac perle stars , some metallic purple lines and lots of metallic purple spirals. Its backed with a piece of muslin to stop the threads pulling through and to give it some extra stability.

Am really enjoying this medium!!I love the way the thread pulls down the fibre making it even more textural than it was.
Full detail:
Detail of top left hand corner:
Detail of middle with black spiral, metallic purple lines, and metallic purple spirals.
More metallic purple spirals.
I WILL get started on T.A.S.T. ASAP!

4 comments:

sharonb said...

I love stitching on handmade felt - there is something very magic about it - your samples are lovely

Carol said...

Wow these are delish! You asked how the felt shrinking thing works, Well it's V easy. Stitch you top fabric to some cheap acryllic felt, or kunin felt ( I used cheapy stuff from Hyper value!) I did this by free machine, but you could do hand etc. Then turn it over and blast the felt with the heat tool. The felt shrinks, and this puckers up the top fabric. I would start with a natural top fabric, as it's hard to not melt the top fabric if it's manmade, takes practice. Hope you have fun! Love carol

Susan said...

Your felt piece is beautiful. I find the colors appealing, and the stitching creative. Love this!

Thelma said...

All of your felt work is amazing, I really like the colors and stitching. Very nice!