Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Things I've been making

This is my Victorian boot for the Xmas swap on CQForNewbies. I hope the person who gets it likes purple.I know its not very Xmasy but I was struggling with the red and green I had.
It has a snowflake theme that I've done in silver and shades of purple in cross stitch and bead work. I've just got to work out how to line it now, and put some goodies in it.


This is a prototype choker I am planning to try and sell in my jewellery shop on Ebay (which can also be added to the list of things made recently) . I think it needs some leaves or some green beads around the flowers though. Its woven wheels using embroidery thread and 4mm silk ribbon.

These are the presents I made my boyfriend for his 30th birthday last weekend. He adores Tim Burtons The Nightmare before Christmas.
This is a box I painted. I started out as a wooden box with a toddlers puzzle inside that I found at the charity shop. I covered it in coloured gesso, then a couple of layers of acrylic paint. The picture is from the opening titles of the film and is stuck on. The swirls were done with metallic markers. The outside is purple with silver swirls, the lid silver with purple swirls and the inside is just plain silver.

A picture of it open with the posh chocolate I got him. You can see the swirls on the side in this shot.And these are the fleece pouches I made for his gadgets. The green bat bowtie one is for his mp3 player, the red Jack one is for his phone and the pirate Jack one is for his PDA. The Pumpkin one has a whole lot of homemade vouchers in it for shoulder rubs, breakfast in bed and home cooked meals etc.

I made this block using a method/layout similar to JONZ and I have to say I'm really pleased with it. You would have thought with my dressmaking experience I would have remembered about avoiding cutting on the bias wouldn't you?Hopefully less puffy results from now on!

I've also been working on some hearts. This is them in their unembellished form.
This one is for Maureen B if she wants it.Its still a UFO at the moment.



Hope you like them!
Shall post tomorrow about things I have planned.

7 comments:

Lauri said...

I love your work especially the purple stocking and the chocolate box. Your style seems a little more eclectic like mine. Not quite traditional more fun and quirky.
Have fun
Lauri

Elizabet said...

thanks Lauri! Have never been very good at traditional!

Jo in NZ said...

Your stocking looks great E! You have been busy...Like your block too. Once you have done a few of them, it will only take 10 min to run one up on the machine. I use the fuseable interfacing as a foundation, and press between each piece (carefully) then you don't need to worry about the puffiness.

Elizabet said...

Thanks Jo!
This is what happens when am forced to rest. I can't rest, I have to do something.DBF thinks its nervous energy more than anything.
That one is hand sewed as I wanted to make sure it stuck in my head so the next ones should be easier.Shall definetly try the interfacing as well though, just need to get to the fabric shop to pick up some more as am about to decimate my supply on the stocking project! Am actually going to make myself a quilt with my blocks!

Candi said...

Oh your site is just awesome! I love your hearts! All of your color choices are wonderful! Thank you for sharing!
Candi

Elizabet said...

Thanks Candi! I've seen your work too and you are going on really well!

Ati said...

Hi Elisabet, I am happy to see at you are much better now. You do a very good job again. I love the Christmas stocking, I am very curious how that will look when it is ready. I like your block and hearts too.